Monday, March 17, 2008

Dearest Hunny By Kuya Edward Tsang

In our 7 years of marriage this has been the longest time we have been apart. I know I have not been the best husband for you at times, I know that I have a lot of shortcomings and disappointments. I know that I could do better, a lot better. Not having you and the kids in the house for the past two months have given me a lot of time to think about the past, to reflect on my shortcomings, and I feel sorry that I have been such a disappointment to you and the kids.
I'm sorry that I made you mad right after our wedding. I did get the Mercedes Benz limo that I promised, but I'm sorry that I ditched the driver and insisted I drive the car after the ceremony, making you mad in the process. It's not everyday I get to drive a 600, see. And I paid good money for that too, so I'm entitiled.
I'm sorry that the 3-day Singapore honeymoon I promised you was spent riding around the city in their taxis. It's just that it was such a hoot having a Mercedes Benz for a taxi. I'm sorry too that the taxi was in almost every picture we took during the honeymoon.
I'm sorry you didn't like the name Mercedes for our daughter. I forgot the name you told me on the way to the nurses' station, and that was the only one I could think of right away. Tell her I'm sorry that up to this day she is still being called Chedeng by everyone.
I'm sorry you didn't like the name Becker for our son either, because like Mercedes, I forgot the name and was talking to pareng Jim about ordering a radio for the car when I got to the nurses station.
I'm sorry if we live beside a smelly creek and across a videoke joint, giving the kids sleepless nights and smelly days. But you must admit, 126 Mercedes St. is a cool address to have, right?
I'm sorry if I promised to add two more rooms to the house for the kids to study and play in and ended up reducing the living room and adding a 3 car garage instead. I promise to build the rooms on top of the garage as soon as I remove and sell the four-post lifters and lower the garage roof.
I'm sorry if you didn't like the half-cut Benz I welded onto the gate. I just didn't want what's left of the parts car to go to waste and thought it would look cool. I promise to remove it, and install a proper door for people to pass instead of having to open the car door to get through. And I promise to remove the Hella twin tones and install a proper doorbell instead, since manang is always dropping and breaking dishes everytime the doorbell rings.
I'm sorry if I gave away the Amorsolo your father gave us as a wedding present. I promise to remove the painting of the cars from the living room and seek the Amorsolo back.
I'm sorry if I disappointed you during your brother's wedding by wearing a barong with a Mercedes Benz logo. At least the flower brooch covered it. I promise to let you help me get some clothes that has no logo on them. That means I'll need a whole new wardrobe. And I'm sorry that I drove the wedding car again. Actually, I'm not that sorry I drove the wedding car.
I'm sorry if you didn't like the way I decorated our room. I promise to remove the Mercedes Benz flag, the books, the die cast collection, the other automobilia. And I promise to return our wedding picture back on the wall and remove the car pictures.
I'm sorry if I alienated you from your friends. I promise to stop giving them Mercedes Benz nicknames like "Ponton" and "Adenauer".
I'm sorry if we spent 5 days of the one week Germany second honeymoon that I promised you in the Mercedes Benz Museum. At least we got to spend 2 leisurely days on the autobahn. I've always wanted to floor a AMG SL. I'm glad you enjoyed the drive, screaming and shouting "verlangsamen Sie sich!" or something like that. Didn't know you have a gift for languages.
I'm sorry if we got raided by the PASG and NBI, with full national media coverage, for thinking that I was running a chop shop. Obviously these guys don't understand the concept of a DIY session, thinking it must be a new kind of drug.
I'm sorry if you packed up and left when you found me asleep under the car. It was a long day at the office and I wanted to get the car running soon as I can for the guys' Sunday run, which is why I was in the garage after dinner. Think I dozed off.
I know I have a lot of faults, but I can try to be better. I don't claim to be perfect. Maybe I just like my Benzes a little bit too much. I'll try to be better, I promise. I love you hunny.
xxoooxxx,
your hunny
P.S. I promise to move the bed back into the bedroom from the garage. Just please come home.

No comments: